NEW HAMPSHIRE DEMOCRATIC PARTY INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The New Hampshire Democratic Party is looking for enthusiastic, politically minded future leaders for our 2017 internship program in Concord. This is an outstanding opportunity to get hands-on experience of working in one of the country’s most important and exciting political states. Positions will be awarded through a competitive application process.
NHDP interns will work directly with the Party Chair, Party Staff and elected officials in one or more of several departments, including communications, field, fundraising, political and operations. Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Helping with research and media tracking of Republican candidates for higher office, including following key legislation & summarizing current events and clips.
- Drafting letters to the editor, talking points, and op-eds, supporting the Party’s earned media efforts.
Political & Field:
- Coordinating local events with town and county Democratic parties, and organizing grassroots trainings.
- Helping plan & execute State Committee meetings and the State Convention.
- Aiding in upcoming Special Elections.
- Helping identify future donors, drafting email fundraising solicitations, helping manage the state party’s email list.
- Working closely with Finance Director and Finance Committee in planning the major annual fundraisers – McIntyre Shaheen 100 Club Dinner and Kennedy Clinton Dinner, as well as other smaller finance events.
- Assisting with management of donor database.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who possesses sound organizational skills, pays strict attention to detail, with the ability to meet tight deadlines who has sound political judgment.
- Willingness to work long and inconsistent hours.
- Demonstrated interest in politics, party building and key Democratic Party issues.
- Demonstrated competency in handling several tasks, simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and strong written skills.
- Preference for those with political experience (paid or unpaid).
OTHER DETAILS: Start and end dates, as well as per week hourly commitment, are flexible depending on the applicant’s availability. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The position is unpaid, but we can work with you and your school to receive credit. Supporter housing is available for full time applicants.
TO APPLY SEND A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Erin Cotton at firstname.lastname@example.org