NHDP Statement: Sununu budget cuts corporate taxes by stepping on working families & most vulnerable

Concord, N.H. – New Hampshire House and Senate Republicans voted today to pass a budget that would give corporate tax cuts to the top 3% of Granite Staters while underfunding services for the other 97%. Governor Sununu, who allies call “lazy,” has nodded along with a Republican budget that spends no money on workforce training while giving corporations a tax cut they never asked for.

NHDP Chair Ray Buckley issued the following statement:

“Governor Sununu’s reckless and dangerous budget will take New Hampshire’s progress and turn it into disrepair. The governor wants to give corporations a tax cut they never asked for. By doing so, he’s denying businesses the workforce training they did ask for. These tax cuts are paid for by underfunding programs like the alcohol fund, DCYF, and the developmental disability waitlist. The governor may think these tax cuts are no big deal, but they’re a big deal to the people in the state who are seeking refuge from abuse and addiction or who need help with a disability. This budget will deny them the resources they desperately need to stay afloat. Corporate tax cuts will make students and their parents dig deeper for a tuition check. This governor, for lack of attention to detail, is blindly leaning on his ideology to solve problems that require the kind of serious attention he is too apathetic to give.”

###
Comments are closed.

New Hampshire Democratic Party
105 N. State Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 225-6899
Email: office@nhdp.org

Paid for and maintained by the New Hampshire Democratic Party.
Not Authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Contributions to the NHDP are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.