NHDP Statement: Republica state budget asks New Hampshire problems to fix themselves

Concord, N.H. – Today, the Legislative Committee of Conference completed their work on the 2018-2019 state budget. The Republican controlled committee chose not to accept advice from the Democratic members or even from their own conservative members underscoring a deep rift within the Republican Party. The Republican establishment’s budget will now go to the House and Senate for a vote.

During last month’s Senate budget vote, Democrats offered 27 amendments to help New Hampshire’s working families, all of which would have been fully funded under Governor Sununu’s revenue estimates. New Hampshire Senate Republicans rejected each and every amendment the Democrats proposed. Governor Sununu did not help the situation by refusing to participate in the budget deliberations. Instead, he spent the week in Washington D.C.

NHDP Chair Ray Buckley issued the following statement: 

“Republicans seem to think New Hampshire’s problems will fix themselves. It’s the only way to make sense of their budget, which cuts taxes for corporations and the wealthy elite and neglects to fully fund the programs that impact the lives of New Hampshire’s working families. When Governor Sununu and the Republicans decide to cut taxes for the well heeled top 3% it means the other 97% is being shortchanged.”

###
Comments are closed.

New Hampshire Democratic Party
105 N. State Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 225-6899
Email: office@nhdp.org

Paid for and maintained by the New Hampshire Democratic Party.
Not Authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Contributions to the NHDP are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.